Students earning the LAMP certificate are required to take a set of classes that draw together studies in business, economics, and liberal arts. Students must earn a grade of C- or higher in each of the following courses. Learn about courses unique to LAMP.
To receive a LAMP certificate, students must have an overall minimum GPA of 3.3 at the time of graduation.
A. LAMP classes that emphasize critical thinking, quantitative analysis, intensive writing, and interdisciplinary learning.
- LAMP L216 (LAMP Sophomore Seminar: Business and Humanities).
- LAMP X215 (Critical Thinking Lab). A 1 credit, 8-week class, taken in conjunction with LAMP L216.
- LAMP L316 (LAMP Junior Seminar: Analytical Problem Solving).
- LAMP L416 (LAMP Senior Seminar: Liberal Arts and Management).
B. Courses in the IU College of Arts and Sciences that are foundational to the study of management and business.
- ECON E201* or ECON S201* (Introduction to Microeconomics).
- ECON E202*or ECON S202* (Introduction to Macroeconomics).
- One of these three courses: MATH M118, S118, or A118 (Finite Math)
or one of these two courses:
MATH M119 (Brief Survey of Calculus)
MATH M211 (Calculus I)
or MATH M213 (Accelerated Calculus).
- LAMP X298 (Challenges of Life and Work in the 21st Century). This course is taken during spring of the sophomore year.
C. Courses in the IU Kelley School of Business that develop technical business skills.
- BUS A200* (Foundations of Accounting).
or these two courses combined: BUS A100* (Basic Accounting Skills); BUS A201* (Introduction to Accounting).
- BUS K201, BUS K204, or CSCI A110*. A course on computers and technology in business.
- BUS L201 or BUS L293* (Legal Environment of Business).
- BUS X333 (Managing Business Functions).
- BUS Z302 or BUS Z304 (Managing and Behavior in Organizations). Or an approved substitute.
*Prerequisite for LAMP L316