IU freshmen and sophomores with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0, who are pursuing or intending to pursue a degree in the IU College of Arts and Sciences, may apply to LAMP. In some cases, juniors may also apply. Learn more about who can apply and how to apply to LAMP.
Prepare for LAMP
It's never too early to begin thinking about your future in LAMP. Even if you're not sure you want to apply—or not sure you'll qualify—you should talk to a LAMP advisor. That's the best way to know if LAMP is a good fit.
LAMP has no course prerequisites for admission. But if you're thinking about joining our community, you might consider taking one or more of the following classes before you apply. Learn more about the LAMP program requirements and courses unique to LAMP.
- College of Arts and Sciences foundations requirement in English composition
- College of Arts and Sciences foundations requirement in mathematics
- ECON E201 (Introduction to Microeconomics)
- ECON E202 (Introduction to Macroeconomics)
- BUS A200 (Foundations of Accounting)
- At least one semester of a foreign language
- At least one course in your intended major area of study