David and Cheryl Morley Internship Award
David and Cheryl Morley generously created the Morley Internship Award to provide financial support to students who do internships at not-for-profit agencies that are working to alleviate poverty or to increase understanding of poverty. Because this type of internship is often unpaid, the Morley Internship Award can be a great advantage for LAMP students who want to learn more about this important work.
To be eligible for the David and Cheryl Morley Internship Award, you must be a LAMP student who:
- Is officially enrolled at IU Bloomington as a full-time student (carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours).
- Has a written offer for a qualifying internship with a not-for-profit organization that is working to lessen poverty and/or increase understanding of povery.
- Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3.
Summer internships must last 9 weeks at 30 hours per week. Fall and spring semester internships should be approximately 15 hours per week. The internships also must:
- Be supervised by a supervisor or team leader who weekly ascertains challenges, progress, etc.
- Have a meaningful learning component that is connected either to your field of interest or to your understanding of career fields.
- Offer substantive work relating to a relevant agency function or project.
- Lead to increased employability in your field of interest.
Letter of Recommendation
One letter of recommendation from IU Bloomington faculty is required and should be submitted to LAMP@indiana.edu directly by the recommender. The faculty recommender should be familiar with your interest in poverty and not-for-profit work.
Learn More and Apply
The Morley scholarship is available for both summer and academic year internships. The online application form is available on this page during the scholarship application periods. Contact LAMP@indiana.edu with your questions, or to see if this opportunity is a good fit for you.
LAMP Application Periods
Feb. 1–March 16: Application period for IU freshmen and sophomores
Sept. 1–30: Application period for IU sophomores only